Saturday, February 9, 2008

What's in a name?

Great Grandma Mary Andonian and Charlie Mae.

Great Grandma Mary and Maryam Lee.

For those of you who aren't aware of where Maryam Lee got her name, here she is! Mary Andonian, my grandmother, Maryam's great grandmother. I call her Grams. Maryam is Mary in Armenian. For as long as I can remember I told myself if I ever have a daughter, I will name her after Grams. Grams is the most wonderful woman in the whole wide world. She rasied 4 wonderful kids and has 8 grand kids, some of us got married, so now she has 12 grandkids and 2 great grand kids. Grams married the love of her life Grandpa Charlie when she was 19 years old. Sadly he died when she was only 54 years old. Charlie Mae is named after Grandpa Charles Andonian. Her middle name comes from Scott's Grandma Mae. Maryam's middle name comes from many in mine and Brett's families; she was named after Martin Lee Cavender (my father), Brande Lee Carroll (Brett's sister), and Katie Marian Lee (my best friend).
Grams is now 89 and as beautiful as ever.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She looks HUGE sitting on Gram's lap! I can't wait to see her!