Friday, June 12, 2009

Dinner story

Yaya and Mommy took Maryam to Denny's for dinner tonight. She wanted to sit in a booster chair instead of a high chair. I looked at her and thought, wow my big girl is making decisions for herself! Then the waiter put the menus on the table. Maryam flipped through the kid's menu and first picked out a Jr. Grand Slam and then quickly changed her mind to the picture of mashed potatoes and gravy.
She ate nearly the whole plate of potatoes with gravy then the whole side dish of extra gravy! It was amazing because she would tell me when her mouth was empty so she could have another bite. She was in total control of her own meal. So, she picked her seat, picked her meal and picked when she was ready for each bite! She is becoming so independent. I'm very proud of her.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: