Thursday, October 16, 2008

Meet Maryam's Monkey

Maryam holding Monkey's hand.
Maryam posing with Monkey.
Maryam kissing Monkey.
Now I know what you're thinking, that's not a monkey! And I know that, trust me, I know that. BUT, Maryam thinks that it is.
The history of the "monkey." Last Friday after OT I took Maryam to the new Joanne's that opened up in Palm Desert. I had to pick up a few more items for a project I was working on. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE HALLOWEEN! Consequently, we spent a lot of time walking up and down the Halloween aisles a million times. One pass through Maryam points and yells "monkey!" I look over and say, where? Nope, no monkey. And I keep walking. When we passed through the aisle again she did it again, she pointed and yelled, "monkey!" I turn and see hundreds of scare crows. I see ghost head ones, pumpkin head ones and vampire head ones. I ask her, "where is this monkey?" She points and almost in tears says, "my monkey." I look again and she's pointing to this vampire scare crow. I pick it up and say "this?" and she smiles a HUGE smile and reaches for it saying "my monkey!" So I bought it. SUCKER!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

knuts2knit said...

LOL! Looking at it from an almost 2 year old's point of view, I'm seein' what she's seein'! That's pretty hilarious that it was love at first site with it. Luckily it played into your whole Halloween lovin' thing. (For the record, I SO would have gotten it for her too) Have an awesome weekend!
Ellen