Saturday, June 28, 2008

Maryam takes her first unassisted steps!

Maryam takes her first steps!!!


Today Maryam took 8 ot 9 steps several times all by herself! I stood her up, like I normally do and she just started walking! I couldn't believe it. Normally when I stand her up, she sits down, or grabs my fingers and takes off. This time she just went!!! Hooray!!
Charlie Mae is here and Maryam's been watching her walk around all day, maybe Maryam got a little bit jealous! Who knows.
Still no luck with drinking the formula. I've tried chocolate and vanilla now, both have had the same results. We had some better luck by putting the Pediasure in a McDonalds cup! I tricked her. I made her think she was getting Mommy's drink. She took a few swigs..then nothing. So far she's had about 8 ounces of water and maybe an ounce of Pediasure. I guess it will be another night of bolus feedings.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for Maryam! It must be the week for walking lol! Emery just started walking on Tuesday. Is she still wearing O2 at night?

Anonymous said...

How exciting! She'll be running by the end of the week!
Julie

Judith and Jason said...

That is awesome with the walking! Yeah!

Anonymous said...

You're in trouble now!