Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fevers and sleepless nights

So, Maryam woke up at 4:19am and didn't get back to sleep until nearly 7:30. That sucked. Poor little punkin just isn't feeling well. I thought she was a little warm last night when we got home, I took her temp at it was 100.7. I figured, low grade, its probably just more teething yuckyness. However last night was different. She didn't wake up ready to have a party in da crib, she was crying. And it was one of those sad mournful cries that comes with big crocodile tears that breaks Mommy's heart. After about 3 hours of rocking and trying the whole CIO thing ( I SUCK AT THAT!) I finally managed to rock her back to sleep! My back is killing me because she wouldn't let me sit. That's when I knew she really wasn't feeling well.
But when she woke up at 9:30 she wasn't hot, or cranky or sad, she was back to being her happy self....my weirdo baby strikes again. So, we proceeded with our day as normal. We went to PT and she was fine! THEN, as PT was ending she got hot and cranky again. By the time we got home from PT her fever was up to 102 and we were starting her Motrin/Tylenol regimen again. I can tell she's feeling a bit dehydrated because she's drinking from Honey Bear pretty good today. So, I'm giving her extra water via G-tube after each meal and presenting Honey Bear cup every 15 to 20 minutes.
Deep down I think its just the yucky teething because she's acting normal, she isn't coughing, sneezing or having a runny nose. She hasn't touched or pulled on her ears and she isn't retching any more than normal.
But PT was GREAT today! She crawled across the play room while her PT criticized her every move, I love that. I find it fascinating how what I "misconstrued" as uncoordinated is "tucking her left knee and hyper extending her right hip." Its amazing what her PT sees that I don't! Am I crazy or do all babies start out crawling funny? At the end of the session the PT did say, "Well, she did just start crawling." I KNOW THAT! Does she?

No comments: