Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Complaint Free World...

So, Maryam thinks she's a musician! She plays the drum with her right hand and the piano with her left hand. Hopefully she learns to prefer the piano over the drum!
So, while Maryam was in the NICU, Brett and I saw a segment on The Today Show about this church group somewhere in the US that started a new way of life. A life without complaints! It's called A Complaint Free World. The premise is simple: "Your thoughts create your world and your words indicate your thoughts. When you eliminate complaining from your life you will enjoy happier relationships, better health and greater prosperity." Well, a couple of months ago we saw a follow up segment on the Today Show about A Complaint Free World and we decided to try it. What we're supposed to do is order these purple bracelets and wear them. When you catch yourself complaining, gossiping or criticizing move the bracelet to the other arm and begin again. It can take a REALLY long time, but once you've gone 21 days without moving the bracelet your life is going to be a happier healthier place.
We ordered the bracelets about 5 weeks ago; the website said it would only take 2 to 3 weeks to receive them. I wanted to send an email asking if they got lost or see if maybe the order didn't go through, but I thought I'd sound like I was complaining and that's just too much irony for me. Brett and I were talking about it and my mom over heard the conversation and decided she wanted to participate as well. Then my sister and Scott found out and wanted to partake too. So, starting tomorrow we're going to start living a complaint free life, wish us luck!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm going to win!!!! uncle scott