Monday, August 20, 2007

We're in the deuce

Well, we have had quite the weekend!!!!! We spent almost all night Friday and Saturday morning packing and then went to Grandpa Langdon's surprise party on Saturday afternoon. Maryam got to meet her Great Grandpa for the very first time. They both looked VERY happy to see each other. (Once I get settled in I'll post pictures, you'll see, he looked SO happy!) Saturday night we stayed up until 3am packing some more. Then all day today my father and I packed while my mom watched Maryam. Brett had to work....BUMMER! But he is still at home packing and Maryam and I are settling in to bed here in 29 Palms! Jarrod and Kyle spent their entire Sunday afternoon and evening helping us out, they're AWESOME like that.

As for Maryam....She still isn't taking her bottle. She's not even entertaining the idea of taking it. She just has to see it and either starts to cry, pushes it away with her hands, grabs it and kind of shoves it away or if you're lucky enough to get it in her mouth, she pushes it out with her tongue. She's just not having it. Sad, sad, sad. I just hope that we are able to get hooked up with an occupational therapist and physical therapist soon to work with her before it becomes an even bigger problem. Tonight Granny Sharon and Papa Mike Collins came over to meet Maryam for the first time. She was so happy to see them, it was like she already knew them.

Well, tomorrow I'll post some photos. We have some GREAT ones of 4 generations of Langdons. Super cute!

No comments: