Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Maryam's new glasses

Here is Maryam posing in her Backyardigans chair wearing a Halloween outfit (BEST Holiday all year) and her new glasses. I think her glasses are cute, but I'm biased because I'm just her mommy. We started seeing Maryam's old OT again, just so she can get some extra feeding help. She's now in OT 2 or 3 times a week, as opposed to once a week. Honestly I'm not noticing any major differences or anything, but it clears my conscience of thinking I'm not doing everything humanly possible to help her learn to eat. Well, her therapist said that Maryam needs cuter frames because these ones make her look like Poindexter. I don't know who Poindexter is, but it didn't sound very positive to me! And right before that she commented on her disheveled hair. OK, Maryam ALWAYS messes up her hair in the car! I can't stop her....half the time I can't even find the bows, ribbons, hair ties or barrettes that I put in her hair because she throws them somewhere in the car. All I'm saying is its hard enough keeping glasses on a toddler when you tell them how beautiful, cute and pretty they are, how am I going to keep them on her when she learns that people are telling her she looks silly?
As for her old pair, they have been replaced and are being put in the mail tomorrow. Thanks again Brian! You're a life saver.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I get asked constantly why Kaylinns hair is "short" or not done. That I should let it grow. It's for the same reason. It's never done by the time i see her again after a car ride. People always think you need to hear their opinion. Or better yet that the children don't understand their opinion so they can say what ever they want. Just Let it slide because it never ends.
Julie