Saturday, July 19, 2008

swimsuits and pool fun

The above swim suit is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It has a built in flotation device inside of the bodice of the suit. I got it thinking if I put Maryam in the pool with out a raft or something, she can bob up and down with me next to her and start trying to use her muscles more and swim a little bit. NOPE! She topples right on to her face! Its the craziest thing ever! Only one time did she go on to her back, and that was because I forced her that way. I think I'm going to throw it away.
Here is a very happy Maryam with her Daddy. (In a proper bathing suit too) We got her this suit so she'd have less sun exposure. We douse her with SPF 50 sunblock too. Speaking of sun block... a few months ago I mentioned Mederma for kids on my blog and someone named Susan from their PR/Marketing firm found out about it and read it. She contacted me, told me thanks for using the product and asked me if I wanted to try their new product Mederma with sunblock. Since we use Mederma 3 times a day and sunblock at least once a day, I thought it was a GREAT combination, especially for all of Maryam's visible scars! So, Susan sent me two tubes of Mederma with sunblock to try and she restocked my Mederma for kids supply...isn't that so nice? Well anyway, all you other preemie mommies out there or mommies of other babies and kids with scars, I'm happy to report that the Mederma with sunblock works well. It doesn't smell as yummy as the grape Mederma for kids...but we like it and are grateful.
Have a GREAT weekend!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sharon, Jackie's sister said...

Hey Maryam, You have to kick your feet when you wear your bathingsuit floatie. You will not fall forward or backwards. It's kinda hard to remember to kick kick kick but it works. You keep trying. You will figure it out.
Love you
Granny Sharon