Monday, April 21, 2008

Daddy has fun with Maryam's hair....like she needs the help!

So, I'm in updating the blog when Brett yells, "your daughter wants to say hi to you, come out here." I go and this is what I see!

He gave her horns!!!! I love the above photo because you can see all of her teeth. She's getting so many!!
So, believe it or not, we actually have a bottle update! Maryam took 5 or 6 pulls from the bottle last night. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't find Honey Bear cup, so I just grabbed the bottle to see if I could squirt the water in her mouth like I use to. Well, she grabbed the bottle from me and put into her own mouth. At first she was munching on it it, but eventually she started drinking! She did it again this morning too. Its not a huge measurable amount, but its something! It makes me feel like there is hope.
Maryam's EI teacher came this morning. We worked on her voluntary release and getting her to play "tug o' war." She did really good. Fortunately she's a quick learner. I just don't always know what I'm supposed to be teaching her. When I consult my Dr. Sears Baby Book I get discouraged because Maryam's not doing the things a 16 month should be doing. (Her actual age) And she's not doing most of the things a "normal" 12 month old should be doing. (Her adjusted age.) So, its hard for me to figure out where in the book I'm supposed to be looking. Instead I just let her develop on her own or follow the advice of her PT's, OT's, ST's and the EI teacher. They're great at helping her and helping me help her.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: