Saturday, July 21, 2007

Miracles do happen!!!!

This is Maryam this morning. We got there around 10:30 am and the nurses told us that they were going to start her clear fluids today. They had turned her oxygen down from 250 mils per minute to 150 mils per minute. Maryam's Pediatrician came to visit her and check on her and asked to have her oxygen turned down more since she was sating so high. Her oxygen saturation was lingering between 97%-100%. So, her nurse, Kathy, turned her down to 100 mils per minute and she stayed the same. So, me in my hope for a baby who is NOT on oxygen said, "why don't we just turn it off and see what happens!" Kathy, who by the way is her home health nurse as well, said "sure, why not?" And she did! This was at 2:30pm. We had to leave at 3:00 because the nursery closes for shift change and they have to give updates on the babies and we're not allowed to hear about other babies.

This is what we came back to!!! She was still on room air and they even took her nasal cannula off!!!!!! It is now a little after 9pm and she's still not on oxygen!!!! We couldn't be happier! Isn't her little face beautiful?

This is a picture of her monitor that shows her vitals. Her heart rate is the green 144, her beats per minute is the blue 45 and her oxygen saturation is the pink 97!!! They're wonderful numbers.

She is tolerating the clear fluids so far. They're only giving her 15 mils (half ounce) of pedialite every 3 hours and at 1:30am they'll start her back on formula. She really is doing wonderfully!!! I wonder if reading her the new Harry Potter book is helping?

Pretty, pretty Maryam! Our little miracle baby. Thanks to all of you and your many, many prayers!!!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Christi said...

She is so amazing! I couldn't be happier for you guys :)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! Glad all is going so well.

Anonymous said...

Oops I didn't sign my name! That last message was from me! Julie! :)

Anonymous said...

She is so darling! We are so happy for all of you. Keep up the good work Maryam!!! Take care Anna

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys and Maryam! Tell her to keep up the good work!!! Many thoughts and prayers are sent your way from Seattle to all three of you :)
Laurie

Karen Holland said...

We're so happy you are off the oxygen, Maryam!! Keep up the good work!!! We loved all your pictures too!! You are a sweetie!!! We know your Mommy and Daddy are happy too. Take care and God Bless!!! We can't wait to see you!!!
All our love, Great Grandma, Great Aunt Kathy, Great Uncle Tom and Great Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

What a trooper! I'm so happy all is going well. Good call on the oxygen Dr. Jen! I too prefer room air! Hope to see you guys in the near future. Tell Maryam Uncle Lightning says "Hi!" Oh, and tell Bishop "Hi" as well!

Suzie said...

Of course the new Harry Potter is helping, but don't ruin it for her if she hasn't heard the other ones!! Enjoy it, I loved it!
I love checking up on Maryam, she's teaching me so much and I get so, so excited about what I'm learning to do so I can be part of little miracles like her. WELCOME HOME MARYAM!